Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Opening Minds, Opening Hearts, Determining the Facts

This week News & Observer's J. Peder Zane wrote an important column that should be read by all of us-including McCain, Obama, Biden and Palin. I find the worst part of this presidential campaign is not that there are untruths being slung, but there are few places where one can get the truth. I receive dozens of emails a day and almost all are false or are less than truthful.

It always amazes me that when errors are pointed out with fact, then it is as if I am attacking the person who forwarded the email. I have lost more than one friend this way even though the friend sent the falsehood to my email address initially. I quickly learned that it is not the truth that these people want. They really cannot accept that what they already believe is untrue.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home