Monday, December 08, 2008

Cao's One Certainty

There is an article in today's newspaper about Republican Representative Joe Cao from Louisiana. Cao says that he doesn't have a long list of policy beliefs, but he is certain of only one thing. That certainty is that he is anti-abortion.

It must be nice to be a male and be able to proclaim this one conviction as if this makes one morally above all others. Until Cao is in the position to birth a child, he should leave the abortion issue to females. I see more male zealots on this issue than women. Until men like Cao stand up for ALL human life and stand against war, hunger, poverty, overpaid CEOs, and other anti-life issues, then he should refrain from telling females what to do with their wombs. There are bigger issues for him to ponder. I would have expected more thoughtful analysis of the issue given that Cao is a lawyer. I only hope he has more opinions on many other issues now that he is in Congress.

An op-ed in today's paper about writing and books and Joe the Plumber. Go read here.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12/15/2008 8:31 AM, Blogger Mary Akers said...

Hi, Jeanne. I stumbled upon your blog today and liked what I read. Nice artwork, too. :)

Cheers,

Mary

 
At 12/16/2008 1:41 PM, Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

Mary, So glad you stopped by. I spent a little time on your blog as well yesterday. Will go back today and read more.

Thanks for comments on the artwork, too!

 
At 2/26/2009 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am somewhat amazed how little passion or importance is placed on the very beginning of a childs life. How the responsibility of self protection is so easily dismissed , yet the result of that lack, is to get rid of the thing! Most people who are pro-abortion, will see nothing wrong with the reasons given.Not the right time, no money, he no longer wants me, now that Im knocked up! Please dont use the reason regarding rape or incest, if you look up those facts you will see that they dont even measure 1% of the abortions given. I am very thankful to hear that your congressman appreciates motherhood,and the continuation of life. Most men would tell the bitch to go get rid of it!

 
At 2/26/2009 4:31 PM, Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

Anonymous,
Thanks for your opinion, but I find it interesting that almost everyone who disagrees with my opinions then writes as anonymous. I still stand by my opinion.

I value life and wish that no one ever had to even contemplate whether to have an abortion. But that is not the real world. I do wish that everyone who wishes to control other womens' wombs would put their energies into supporting children who do not have what they need, soldiers who are dying over a war that was founded on lies, etc. I think if that should happen, I could feel a little better about listening to opinions from those who sign their posts as anonymous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home